About Sierra View
A Member of the Presbyterian Church in America
Sundays @ SVPC
"To whoever will come, this church opens wide her doors."
Music is important in the life of a church. Our goal is to sing songs that are biblically grounded, theologically sound and beautiful. We incorporate a blend of traditional hymns and modern songs. You can navigate to our online weekly bulletin to preview the music that will be sung on a given Sunday.
We provide a nursery for children 3 years and under. We also have a ‘cry room’ in the sanctuary, which allows for parents to see and hear into the sanctuary, and therefore participate in worship while their children wiggle and giggle. Please note that children of all ages are welcome in the sanctuary at all […]
Our Worship Services last about an hour and half. We begin at 10:30a, with Christian Education for all ages beginning at 9:15a.
From the Blog: Wednesday's Words
If the foundations are destroyed, what can the righteous do? I once sat under the most intriguing sermon series. It was called, “Psalms for the Postmodern Man” through a collection of the Psalms, naturally. I must confess that at the time, it didn’t really resonate with me. Probably because I was insulated by my books […]
“In the beginning was the Word…” In the opening sections of John’s gospel, there are a number of staggering claims made about or by Jesus Christ. John the Baptist, for example, makes the soaring claim, “Behold, the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world.” (John 1:29). A short time later, […]
O God of My Righteousness – Psalm 4 The question of identity and being, known formally as ‘ontology,’ is a difficult one to sort through. What makes you who you are? On the shallow end, there are things like possessions and hobbies, that sort of thing. On the much deeper end there is family, […]
FELLOWSHIP ♦ DISCIPLESHIP ♦ OUTREACH ♦ CHURCH PLANTING
Our Vision: “Let us see if God will affect radical change through the preaching of the Gospel.” This was one person’s basic summary of the ministry intent of the great Martyn Lloyd-Jones. Here was a man of the previous century who committed everything to the simplicity of the Gospel, and became one of the most effective pastors in the world. We have the same vision: to proclaim Christ and Him crucified to a generation in desperate need of the Gospel. We have no fancy techniques or the kinds of church programs that can become an end unto themselves. We have only the Gospel and a committment to its proclamation. Our long term hopes include establishing and nurturing a church planting movement in our part of the state.
Our Theological Identity: Reformed and Evangelical
We adopt the Westminster Confession of Faith as our doctrinal standards. Our theological committments include:
- The Bible is the inspired, authoritative and inerrant Word of God, the only infallible rule of faith and practice.
- There is one God, eternal and self-existing in three persons (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) who are to be equally loved, honored, and adored.
- All mankind participated in Adam’s fall from his original sinless state and is thus lost in sin and totally helpless.
- The Sovereign God, for no other reason than His own unfathomable love and mercy, has chosen lost sinners from every nation to be redeemed by the quickening power of the Holy
- Spirit and through the atoning death and resurrection of His son, Jesus Christ.
- Those sinners whom the Spirit quickens, come to believe in Christ as Savior by the Word of God, are born again, become sons of God, and will persevere to the end.
- Justification is by faith and through it the undeserving sinner is clothed with the righteousness of Christ.
- The goal of God’s salvation in the life of the Christian is holiness, good works, and service for the glory of God.
- At death the Christian’s soul passes immediately into the presence of God and the unbeliever’s soul is eternally separated from God unto condemnation.
- Baptism is a sign of God’s covenant and is properly administered to children of believers in their infancy as well as to those who come as adults to trust in Christ.
- Jesus Christ will return to earth, visibly and bodily, at a time when He is not expected, to consummate history and the eternal plan of God.
- The Gospel of God’s salvation in Jesus Christ must be published to all the world as a witness before Jesus Christ returns.
“Nothing teaches us about the preciousness of the Creator as much as when we learn the emptiness of everything else.”- Charles Spurgeon
“He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.”- Jim Elliot